Friday, October 11, 2019

GW's Nemesis Force Weapons


I just tried my first attempt at doing a Nemesis Force Sword the 'official' way, as seen on Warhammer TV.


It turned out... okay.

I have a real problem with discipline when it comes to waiting for paint to dry, especially after I've thinned it out. I am very eager to throw on the next coat and often I will jump back on the model before the paint has even dried and it ends up scuffing up the paint where it is still wet. That, or I notice a spot that isn't entirely covered and I 'correct' it by moving paint around while it's still wet, which ends up making it pool in weird areas and leaves bare spots on layers.

Well! First times are always rough. I will only get better.

2 comments:

  1. I've always really liked how your force swords have looked, and think this new technique can get there too! New techniques always take a bit of time to fine tune, but I think this one is looking great so far. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My current technique relies heavily on Guilliman Blue Glaze, which GW no longer produces. I have a few pots still, but eventually I will run out and I need a fallback force sword technique

      Delete