Friday, September 11, 2020

Current Projects

 Seattle is currently drowning in smoke. And we are advised not to go anywhere for the next three days.

Normally I can see both the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier from my house. 


So this means my weekend is all occupied with hobby stuff! I'll be taking a break from my Tau project to work on some Grey Knights stuff. I do so miss painting the Sons of Titan.



A few months back I bought some Terminator sprues off a local guy. They've just been sitting around, so while sitting in the dark and sweating through my clothes I decided to assemble them. I realized the other day that I don't have a dedicated Nemesis force sword squad! I have falchions and I have halberds, but no squad of sword bros. Supposedly power swords will be getting +1 Strength with the new Astartes Codex next month, so maybe my Nemesis force swords will also get +1 S. I've always thought that swords look rad as hell on Terminators, but swinging at S4 meant they weren't wounding as often as the halberds. I had an extra kit, though, so why not! I slapped on a few Deathwing Terminator bits to make them unique and called them good. Posing is so much fun.


I assembled, primed, and basecoated this Techmarine months ago. His body is that of the Techmarine gunner from the Repulsor kit, his arms and head are from the GK Terminator box, and his legs are just generic Intercessor legs. Actually, it must have been a lot longer than six months ago, because when I built this guy the loadout you see here wasn't Legends.

I have a fun idea for throwing him into a Land Raider and giving him the Aetheric Conduit to keep the Land Raider healthy, and maybe transport an Inquisitor up the board to try and accomplish some psychic secondaries. We'll see.

Speaking of Land Raiders...


Behold! Forge World! I bought this one back in January right before LVO. Like the Techmarine, I assembled it, primed it, and basecoated it, and then just stopped. It's a Vortimer Pattern Land Raider Redeemer, which sucks ass, so I'm just going to run it as a standard Grey Knights Land Raider Redeemer.

I hope to get at least one of these projects finished this weekend. Will update on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment