Monday, January 20, 2020

Brotherhood Ancient and Chaplain

Last night I finished up the two characters I have been working on.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kVATqbl4x46SyIOk-LUPUbnnoHrdZ2Iq

This Brotherhood Ancient is the last model I needed done before Vegas on Friday. I have another Ancient, but he has a Nemesis Falchion and that put my list at 2001 points. Obviously the only reasonable thing to do was model up a whole new guy.

The base model for this guy was the Terminator Ancient from those mystery mini boxes that they released in Japan. They’re like TCG booster pcks, but for Warhammer. They come with a random model. I nabbed the Ancientfrom one of those packs and decided to utilize him and his cool flag. His chest comes from the Dark Angels Deathwing Knights kit, and his head is obviously a Paladin helm.

I like how his banner turned out. I was nervous about white, but it is much smoother than I thought it would be. That was, like, four layers of thinned Ulthuan.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16S41lk8XncDj1XIsbjOeqeLbyQiYsSBk

The Chaplain here was very fun. He is a mishmash of all sorts of kits. Custodes, Flagellants, Reivers, Paladins, those ghost guys from Sigmar (the candelabra), and of course some GK bits. I made him up because I want to actually use the new Litanies when we get them ina week. I can’t bring him to LVO, but I’ll use him in a battle report next week and I’ll tell you what I think of his new rules. They look great! I am excited for more abilities.

I love painting characters. They are nice, contained projects that always feel unique. I think I’ll do up a vehicle next. Maybe another Land Raider.

No comments:

Post a Comment