Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Two New Characters on the Way

So, I'm sure everyone saw the spoilers for Ritual of the Damned next week. I'm, uh, very excited. To say the least. Oh man. I have been playing Grey Knights without breaking ever since 8th edition dropped. I've been waiting for new rules for literal years. I suffered through the disappointment of the first Chapter Approved in 2017, before everyone learned that units weren't to get updates in the annual supplement. I waited with racing pulse for the first Big FAQ in spring of 2018, and felt the heavy weight of deflation when it became apparent that there were only going to be rules changes in the FAQs. I vividly recall searching eBay for Terminator Chaplains when I learned about Space Marine litanies, and I was convinced that the Sons of Titans were going to get litanies as well. I've since come to terms with the state that my silver boys are in. They aren't good, but I love them.

Ritual of the Damned is happening soon, and I'm so excited. I don't even care if the rules are good at this point, I'm just so stoked to get new rules to play with. Anything beyond what I have now is gravy! In anticipation, I kitbashed and base coated two new characters this evening. I threw together a Chaplain because we're actually getting new Litanies this time, and I want to test them out as soon as possible. I converted the Brotherhood/Paladin Ancient because my current one is holding a Nemesis Falchion, and that is putting my LVO list at 2001 points. Once this guy is painted (and I'm going to prioritize him) I'll have a clean 2000 point list.


No comments:

Post a Comment